Monday, May 25, 2009

ORGAN BURNS ELECTRIC GUITAR CHURNS

Photobucket

Somehow on previous tours Spanish had not had the chance to pop into Myrtle Beach. If you've never been to MB, it is basically a series of 4,000 billboards of the most bizarre imagery advertisements for miles and miles before even getting there to begin with.

I was excited to see palm trees. I asked why they looked so dead. I was told they were Palmetto trees. Ooops. Like palmetto BUGS? Seen some of those too actually.

MB is also home to my main dude SCOTT SMALLIN. Scott's exquisite new pad made me actually consider moving towards the warmth. I guess the historic destruction and grim snowflakes of the NE are starting to give me lulu vibes.

So we've done a good chunk of shows and touring over the last two years but nothing compared to a couple of the things I seen at this show:

-A set that was reminiscent of something like Alicia Silverstone in the Crush meets Prurient

-a bartender set her tits on fire with the use of matches and long nipples

-a dude that looked like jack the pumpkins king roll up onto the deck of the bar with a bicycle that was shaped like a chopper.

The rest I wont even dare speak about. But MB was on some serious shit and if you were there thanks for the time.

Upon getting into Greenville North Carolina, we found sushi for 2.50 A ROLL. And good sushi at that. Why do I not live in the south again?

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Spazzatorium Galleria was sick. Crazy crowd of renegade kids out of their minds on god knows what. Someone straight up had a dog running around during the show. We played WIDOWS for the first time ever which is basically the most sludged out noise banger, or maybe only sludged out noise banger we have in our catalog. It ruled I think we are gonna keep doing it for the rest of tour.

This guy said he was going to rock the Dominican Black Metal tee for the next two years straight. I kind of believed him.

Photobucket

No comments: