Friday, May 22, 2009

IF MORRISSEY WERE FROM QUEENS

Photobucket

Brooklyn is always six thousand degrees hotter than Providence even though not much more virtually south. Bruar Falls is on Grand street which is 4 or 5 store fronts down from a small D.I.Y (?) church. When we walked by it there was a lady, approximately 150 years old, playing a tambourine and screaming really high while 2 old men and a small child watched the "set" from some pews. I would have a picture of it for you but the Shaman fronted hard and got scared to go in and get a clear shot. BOOO. The back of the stage at BF had a weird curtain with something looking like a Cindi Lauper hologram projected on it. Although the venue was cool they had this weird thing about not turning the BEATS loud, yet, there are drums playing anyway also??? I guess they have some kind of weird neighborhood policy thing and a women upstairs caled the Feds. BOOOO. It was after the show was over though so it didnt matter anyway. The cop looked like Robert Dinero from what I could see from the van except 4 foot 1.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We did this show with MUBU and this new band or to new to me THE PRESS that I was stoked to see and they totally murdered it. They were real Q.T pies too. Probably gigantic in 12 months.

Photobucket

Our boy MAY I BE FRANK was djing round the corner so we went to dig that too. He once told me freestyle dude Noel was "The Morrissey of Queens". Actually was right then and he's right now:



Frank also slapped my nearly bare ass so hard it might as well been Oscar de la Hoya punching my teeth out. It was actually worse. If an effeminate gay man ever asks to slap your ass don't go for it. He also dropped the line upon coming into Kat Deem's packed Brooklyn pad floor ".....8,000 COCKS!! LETS GET STONED!!"

No comments: