Sunday, October 5, 2008

Beard Staff

Photobucket

I was away from this thing for a good long time. Not even sure why really. Sold out for myspace blogger I guess. So anyway I'm gonna start updating this here regularly starting...now.

Looking back to what the last entry was I guess alots been going on or the cogs have been in the works on alot to BE going on. I took forever to finish the full length. Like FOREVER. The whole first year or two of doing this whole thing finishing a record was not even a priority of mine. The idea was to get out the 12" single thingy and play live until my face turned purple. Well my face turned purple. So eventually the thing was completed, picked out some 11 or so songs that were relevant to each other within the time frame and voila. Burned Up, Bred High. In the process of being released by Tim O'Keefes COZY imprint. As distribution takes a while I ended up zoning out and beginning LP 2 with my right hand man John Denver...I want to finish a body of work in a tiny amount of time on the next ish. One of the mixes is actually blasting back in my face right now. Changed up the approach almost entirely. Sounds like Dennis Wilson in 2028 over a detailed backdrop of jangly delayed out insanity. But let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Track list for Burned Up, Bred High is:

1. Hustler
2. Faith, Faith, Faith
3. The Bloods
4. Secret
5. Free Jail
6. Widows
7. Eerie Indiana
8. Pepper Keenan
9. William Vanity
10. Burned Up, Bred High
11. Tall Club

In the meantime been making some extra scratch with doing the BLOOD MONEY party over at Local 121 in the old Dreyfus Hotel. Third Thursday of every month usually. Music typically entails Shoegazer, Rap, Early 70's California Coke Rock, Indie Anthemz, whatever really. 121 Washington St and FREE. Also will be keeping busy as the newest member of the beard staff over at AS220 where I can be found in the sound tower doing the sounds. HOLLA.

S

No comments: